Responsible gaming means setting self-imposed limits on the amount of time and money you spend online. When you regularly exceed these self-imposed limits, it could be a sign that you are developing a habit that could lead to future problems or even a gambling addiction. If you suspect that you’re developing problematic behavior, please ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you ever missed school or work because you were playing casino games?
- Has your home life been negatively affected by playing casino games?
- Has your reputation been affected by playing casino games?
- Have you ever tried to solve financial problems or pay off debts by gaming?
- When you lose, do you feel a strong urge to keep playing in order to win back your losses?
- When you win, do you feel a strong urge to keep playing in order to win more?
- Have you repeatedly played your money away?
- Have you ever financed casino games by borrowing money?
- Have you ever financed casino games by selling something?
- Have you ever stopped yourself from using "playing money" for normal expenditures?
- Have you ever played at the expense of your family's welfare?
- Have you ever played for longer than planned?
- Have you ever thought about/committed an illegal act to fund playing casino games?
- Have you had difficulty sleeping as a result of your playing?
- When frustrated, do you have an urge to play?
- When you want to celebrate good fortune, does playing casino games sound like a good way to do so?
- Have you ever felt regret after playing casino games?
- Have you ever experienced a decrease in efficiency or ambition as a resulting of playing?
- Have you ever played casino games in an attempt to avoid everyday worries and/or troubles?
- Has playing casino games ever caused you to consider suicide?
Did you answer ‘yes’ to more than seven of these questions? Then it could be that you are developing a gaming addiction. If this is the case, we strongly advise that you contact us directly or seek support from any of these organisations.
We offer several responsible gaming tools to help you control your levels of gaming. You can learn more about these tools in this article.